Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Banking, Mobile, Cycling, and Amsterdam's famous street.

My bank deals with me entirely in Dutch, except for a few hand gestures and English terms. In fact, if google translator page could pronounce its output, it would do a better job of it. So, the webpage is in dutch, their manual is in dutch, thankfully their currency is still Euro. No credit cards for me, perhaps i should migrate to ABN Amro, which speaks English and would offer a credit card too.

Mobile: one needs to choose carriers, all of which have similar rates. The international calls are terribly expensive, in fact it is cheaper to call from India to Holland and I should pay my friends and relatives for calling me up. They can call me names, but whatever...

Cycling is national way of living, or peddling. One can even peddle drugs, real ones (Marjuana, cocaine), i am not sure in how large quantities.

And, I am yet to see Amsterdam this time. So, I will update you on your question about the R** light area soon.

No comments: