Monday, June 29, 2009

Renting a house and all that

Today I paid the renting agency (Nijestee - pronounced as knee-ye-stay) via web transfer. It took a heck of my time, because the entire webpage was in Dutch. I was using Google translator to translate each and every page and line to make sure I was following the right procedure.

Ramesh will keep looking for his house to appear on the renting company's webpage (should appear this week). That will help to locate and register for this same house ( Polderstraat 28, Groningen : search on google maps for a picture) that he stayed in. We could compensate him for his furniture, house-hold items, floorings, washing machine, fridge and the rest. At Euro 710, it is still quite a bargain, since it is in the heart of Groningen city.

Talking about renting a house: I was about to register on muuse.nl for house search. They asked for Burgerservicenummer. What do you think that is? NOTHING to do with burgers! :-)   It is their equivalent of citizen number, like US Social Security Number or SIN number of Canada (and what is going to be Nilkani Number in India)

I have started scratching around for my work, I fired up PRESTO program today. Without a proper manual, or anyone to guide me through it, it is going to be a hard-ball.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOL!! Burgerservicenummer... ha ha ha....